Friday, March 25, 2011

last one from india.

well.. with many memories both sad n happy i leave india like a sweet/salty lassi (yogurt water). There are many things left to be done still which means another trip will be in the brewing for sometime in the future but in the last one month I think i witnessed everything.

From being driven in a chauffeured car around the country to taking HRTC (Himachal Road Transport Company) busses I think i saw enough. This country has given me lots to laugh about and yet lots to cry about as well. Moments spent with my grandma were phenomenal, with her trembling hands she served food and I wondered if I will ever be able to see her that way. Those age old wrinkles told me a story that I had never wanted to hear from her but I was still glad to meet her and lay in her lap forgetting about the worries of life.

IIML, what to say about this place, met the finest of the ppl in India. People who became friends from the moment I spoke to them sorta really made a difference to my life. The emotions and the needs and wants of my peers were so very different than mine yet still similar, we were all very ambitions but they were all very brilliant and me hahahah... i wont comment on that. The last night spent for the room that I fought for was memorable yet again cuz it involved partying right before sleeping and thats pretty much all we did there.... party party and party.......

Delhi, deserves a whole blog to itself, the place with some of the most beautiful at their hearts (otherwise the most pretty ppl are from Chandigarh). The randomness of holi and the eggs full of colour aimed at innocent by standers were simply, LEGENDARY. No it did not end there, even in the last 2 days I managed to squeeze a trip to Rishikesh again to make some memories to die for. Last minute booking followed by falling off the raft in a rapid to the cliff jumping gave me enough adrenalin rush to run to the top of Mt. Everest. The ICY paan that i felt was the most disgusting thing on earth 3 months ago seemed to be a delicacy now! Now lets not forget the million times that i felt sick in my stomach from eating paani puri and other off-the-road stuff but it was well worth the pain. Meeting and catching up with Old friends at CP and just managing to eat pastries at WENGERs was definitely something to die for.

I am about 30 minutes away from leaving for IGI airport to Toronto and all i have to say is INDIA.... definitely the most Incredible place on earth.

3 comments:

  1. Lol. U went for cliff jumping? :( lol. Good for u!!! See I think u did a lot for the short amount of time u had there. Lol. There r ppl desperately waiting for u here. Sooooo. Welcome back dubsies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. You're getting emotional! India never ceases to amuse. Nice conclusion:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So the Behemoth wasn't so bad. Shook you up a bit a whirlwind of chaos and confusion, making you look back and wonder why you ever got on. LOL.

    You picked your story. Turned the knobs of doors that opened to you and are coming back with so many memories.Luckhnow, Agra, Delhi, Patiala, Rishikesh, Kashmir, Himanchal, Chandighar.

    Every moment was worth it and every moment in its own time. Every bit of India now a part of you and every friend another reason to smile. Every memory golden and grandma's love like no other.

    Nicely written! Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete