Friday, March 16, 2012

I'm in Miami Beeeach.......

 “lost I was, lost I am chasing a star ill never see, crying to be what I could, watching a dream I couldn’t see” - read on and it will all make sense....



Sat in the aisle seat of this Boeing 737, I was reminded my trip from Lucknow to delhi about a year ago today. I looked around and said to myself, a lothas changed yet nothing has changed. As then, I sighed and said to myself what a whirlwind the last week or so has been. On Thursday, my manager sends me an email saying would you like to go florida? I was like hmm what? Who? Me? What kind of a joke is this? And the next two days were spent in the anticipation of this trip. 

On Friday I got a message saying that the trip may not happen but we should still prepare for the trip. Given the fact that am pretty lazy and don't really like to work on the weekends, I don't bother turning my laptop on. But this weekend I checked my emails every ten minutes or so and nothing really came my way. Sad but unbroken walked to my office to realize that the travel agent had booked our tickets etc etc. Now came an important question.. Where is this florida place, I mean I have heard about it and everyone talks about it but honestly where is it? I went on Google and searched Florida..... And what i saw there must remain a desire of my heart. The beach, the place, the palm trees and the girls wearing those palm trees' leaves. Oh in a minute I jumped up to get a tanning lotion, but I sat back in my seat soon after. Well I am already pretty toasted by birth.. Don't really need tanning what so ever. But the thought of the beautiful palm leaves umm okay the girls in those leaves still paraded my mind. As I was still daydreaming about all the possible things I was going to do and all the horticultural activity I was going to undertake,the phone rang... Honey! said the voice on the other end! Oooh! Fml said the horticulturalist inside me... My ever so pretty gf was on the phone. And obviously I heard the grocery list of do's and dont's. Trust me there were no do's in that list. For the sake of time and my mental and physical well-being the young handsome and ever so vibrant man, appreciative of natural and not so natural beauty decided to just watch a few more videos of "I m in Miami bitch".  But men will be men and I will remain me..... I still searched for "places to be". 



A few more wonderful emails and telephonic conversations, mostly full of threats, later I had decided. BETA! The outcome of this excitement will be disastrous to your health... Only cuz of all the emotional atyachar (trauma) I would have to go through...  The night fell and I packed like I was going away forever (I wish). Booked my taxi ride to the airport. OH! Airport is a story that deserves a whole chapter on its own but we can squeeze the relevant parts in here.

Airport is where I worked all through high school and undergrad and part of MBA. Airport is where I was at 4am every Saturday/Sunday morning and it is because of airport that I could not really be out on Friday’s. Anyhow, long story short, I still remember airport as an incubator of my dreams, dreams that I saw with open eyes filled with desire and hope. The days, where dreaming was just something else (just like most of us), you could dream like there was no tomorrow. You could be a businessman now and a doctor another second and be launching a NASA shuttle a minute later.  Dreams meant soo much more, the opportunity was limitless and sky was not the limit, the aspiration to go above and beyond and the wish and will to be something. Aah! What were those days and where had I lost my childhood I wondered as I sipped a cup of coffee and walked around a bit more to see everything that I had missed every Saturday morning for the last couple of years. The signs to buckle up came on as I lost myself thinking of how life has changed, seated in a Boeing 737 headed to Miami Airport…. I m sexy n I know it! Was one of the thoughts…. Followed by, “lost I was, lost I am chasing a star ill never see, crying to be what I could, watching a dream I couldn’t see”


Credits: BB Playbook for providing the infrastructure to write this!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Rohit. Hilarious, yet again. Naturally tanned. Your thoughts on the airport definitely resonate with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lolz..well congratulations on ure trip to one of the best places in the US..when it comes to your blog writing..i must say u certainly did improve..the last paragraph which takes the readers into your past is written very well. One could definitely visualize your past dreams shuttling past the present you, as you pursue your journey into the future. And the common medium (the airport) has been captured very well to depict your dreams in the definite and indefinite time periods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw..m sure we all would love to hear of the palm leaves that u must have enjoyed while ure relaxing stay.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Takdeer ki kashtiyon ko, kinara mila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr./Ms. Anonymous...

    Kinare hote unke liye jinhe tairna nahi aata,
    hum to khuda khi khudi me khoye, hame darna nai aata,
    jo chut gaya wo paraya, use bhulana nai aata,
    kashtiyan hazaron, tofaan sirf eik!
    inka rukh hamen badalna nai aata...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. badalte rukh, tufaani hawayein
    tairte rehna
    par behte behte
    us kinare ko mat bhulna
    jise tumne pakad kar
    sikha tha tairna

    ReplyDelete
  7. You only live once. Continue to enjoy each and every experience life has to offer you. Live without regrets, and remember everything that you have to achieve. This was just the beginning.

    ReplyDelete